What kind of PC do I need ?
- PC with processor type 4th generation Intel Core i3 or better
- 4 GB Ram
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 or 10 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 50 GB free diskspace
- DVD player
- 2 free com ports
- LCD screen with minimum resolution 1280 x 1024
- PC with processor type 5th of 6th generation Intel Core i5 or i7
- 8 GB Ram DDR4
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 or 10 (64-bit)
- 120 GB free diskspace (possible SSD)
- Separate graphics card (minimum 1GB Ram)
- DVD player
- 2 free internal com ports
- LCD screen with resolution 1280 x 1024 or higher
What version of Windows do I need for the Periskal Viewer ?
The software runs only on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Which ports do I need ?
You need a free USB port for the USB key of the Periskal Viewer System.
You need at least 2 serial ports to connect the GPS and the AIS transponder.
My PC has no serial port, now what ?
Not to worry, there are PCI or PCI-E cards with two serial ports that can be build in in a free PCI or PCI-E port of your computer.
For laptops, there are reducers from USB to serial. Please notice that you buy a good plug with the necessary drivers. There is a lot of junk for sale that absolutely does not work with a GPS. Buy such reducers only at a merchant who is familiar with GPS! Periskal has the above components in stock.